Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All You Need Is Love..........

In my teen years, the song by the Beatles was extremely popular "All you need is love.....love is all you need...." And I can still hear the repeated phrase at the end....love is all you need....love is all you need; they always ended their songs with fading out the real meaning of the song. Maybe they thought in the 60's we just didn't get it....we got it!!!!!

One Author of a book I read on "Love" (Frank Clark) said "A baby is born with a need to be loved and never outgrows it." True, true, true. When love weakens, I remind myself (& so does my husband)...hey we are forgetting to say I love you at the close of our phone conversations. It's never to late to begin saying it! I truly have so much love to give and when I feel like life has a tendency to go sour (like lemons) I pull the reins back and say I need to give out more love.

Believe you me, I've seen so many women go bitter for no unknown reason at all...mostly just because they don't get their way....when if they would just check their "love tank" and see how empty it is; they would begin filling it back up and could graciously sing the awesome song "All you need is love....." and begin to have a joy beyond comprehension. Can you say it?.........I LOVE YOU! How abut the Julie Andrew's Song, "Love makes the world go 'round....." Of course, I deeply love my husband, our kids (of course, all inclusive, daughter-in-law, grandkids; brother and sisters and families..........the list can go on and on.) Christ loved us enough to die on a rugged cross............now that's love!

I've almost memorized I Corinthians. 13 - THE LOVE CHAPTER in THE BIBLE...........MY daily prayer is "God please let me love more...." Today is a great day to spread a little love around and share the joy that you have found......I always start out by saying, i just love the way you are so kind.......or......i love the way you express your thoughts.....or........i love the way you're wearing your hair ........something to spread a little love around. This should be a super Tuesday ...I think I'll begin by making a "Carol's Creative Card" for my hubby, my true love!!!

No comments: