Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Give More Compliments & Then Some!

I just cannot compliment my beloved husband enough! I'm blessed to think of his many talents, skills, and "there isn't a thing he can't put together." Recently he finished a master-piece model ship; even made the case, and has presented to our Son. It's awesome! I tease him saying "I've been widowed to a ship" but you know what? I wouldn't trade the tremendous fun, enjoyment, and brilliancy he possessed to get it finished. It took a total of nine years he said! When you've been married as long as we have, and work together as a team at church, you tend to need some .....

space,

private time, (Time-Out)

get-away from each other (breathing space),

individualized hobby, or accomplishments alone.

and I say this with love, honor, and respect!

I list could go on and on.

But, the one thing we need to do more of ......ladies........is be ever so grateful for our husband working so hard, providing, and giving us just ANYTHING we want! Sometimes he works (appointments at the church) upwards of 10 p.m. and I tell him how grateful I am for ALL his accomplishments. He can come home, relax, turn on his favorite TV show, and unwind. I compliment him for that. What husband wants to hear "do this, why don't you come home earlier?"......, guilt, guilt, guilt. I'm pretty sure husbands don't like the push, push, push, because they don't do it to us. I truly have learned the art (this is a brag on God truly helping me!!!) of when my husband walks in the door; not bombard him with this, that, and the other. And as Niki says 'JUST DO IT' ....give more compliments, and then some!

No comments: