Saturday, October 20, 2007

Defining Woman

It takes valuable time to answer the question "How would you define a woman?" In the environment where I grew up it was understood that the woman would stay in her place at home and in the church. Then when I went to Bible College, the question remained "Was this place God's place for her?" Who decided that she was too emotional to make decisions, and that her ideas and opinions were invalid?

God declares that we are capable, intelligent, and virtuous --- more precious than jewels, and our value is far above rubies or pearls. (Proverbs 31:10). God honored, defended, and valued women. He delivered those in bondage to sin, forgave them and restored them to wholeness!

After many years of fighting to breaking out the mold designed for me by others, I came to know the God who created me. There seemed to be no escape from my prisons of guilt, shame, fear and intimidation. Instead God provided a way of escape and that was to FULLY RELY ON HIM. He would supply my needs and wants! Through prayer I could express the emotions and I could depend on Him second by second!!!! Come on, women, we're so awesome, as He uplifts us to be secure, trustworthy, and cool!

My TODAY is a result of choices I made yesterday. I chose to serve a living God who cares about me, my needs, my wants and my empowerment to make wise decisions. As I assume responsibility for my decisions, I will reap the rewards for trusting Him.

I find that some women are angry with God for His failure to intervene in situations that they actualized by THEIR unwise choices. It is time, I believe for each individual woman to arise, determine her worth, and set positive standards and let God guide, according to His will and purpose.

If you don't fully understand all of this.......set your alarm clock early, and attend W.O.W. Women of Worth (spelled MOM upside down) at 9 a.m. tomorrow in Fellowship Hall. Refreshments will be served. We've had a steady attendance and women are commenting how much it has helped their life to find ANSWERS! Tomorrow's subject is "Authentic Women"............come on out....you'll be glad you did! I promise!

No comments: