Sunday, September 9, 2007

Unforgiveness

Many people ruin their health and their lives by taking the poison of bitterness and unforgiveness (topped with resentment). Matt. 18:23-35 tells us that if we do not forive people, we get turned over to the torturers. It's torture to have hateful thoughts toward another person rolling around inside one's head.

My question is who are you helping most when you forgive the person who hurt you? Actually, you're helping yourself more than the other person. I always looked at forgiving people who hurt me as being really hard. I thought it seemed so unfair for them to receive forgiveness when I had gotten hurt. But I'm also helping the other person by releasing them so God can do what only He can do. If I'm in the way - trying to get revenge or take care of the situation myself instead of trusting and obeying God - He has no obligation to deal with that person. However, God will deal with those who hurt us if we'll put them in His hands through forgiveness.

The Word tells us to pray for your enemies and those who abuse and misuse you. Pray for their happiness and welfare (Luke 6:27,28) As we pray, God can give them revelation that will bring them out of deception. They may not even be aware they hurt you, or maybe they're aware but are so self-centered that they don't care. Either way, they need revelation. ...and after forgiveness, BLESS them (Rom. 12:14) means to speak well of......................depend on God to help...the benefits for forgiving far outweigh because when satan gets a foothold, next he'll get a stronghold. Be quick to forgive.

I believe there's a need to forgive a situtation or an object - the post office, bank, a certain company that may have cheated you, a car that always gives you trouble, etc. Get rid of all poison that comes from bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness. Proverbs 4:23 - "Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance...for out of it flow the springs of life. " Forgive God if you are angry with Him, because life didn't turn out the way you thought it should. God is always just.

I'm determining to forgive and I covet your prayers in this area. My husband is beginning a great chapter in I Peter today and yesterday I was out finding prospects who were unchurched to come and worship and be a part of the new series. (Of course, I wanted them to know about W.O.W. (Women of Worth) which begins at 9 a.m. today............Hey Ladies.....see you there!!!! Can't wait!!! ...I'm taking some good ole' banana bread made by yours truly...

No comments: