Saturday, September 29, 2007

This Will Blow Your Mind!

And things like this happen to us all the time. . .

For those of you who are always asking me to "blog our date night"....here goes:

My husband was stationed in Japan, consequently he enjoys japanese cuisine at special times! For his BIG day (which is today, but celebrating yesterday also)..I took him to Jinbeh last night and reserved the HIBACHI GRILL. Around the grill is seating for 8 people. At first it felt like Q&A when we sit around the table at church, but as the Chef came and cooked our meal in front of all of us, and we were waiting - the Grandma of the other family (of course, 6 entire family) was trying to awaken her 9/29 grandson who is 6 now so that he could enjoy his birthday! This will blow your mind - his name was James also. After everyone discovered it was the 2 birthdays and desert came, of course everyone sang. No one would ever believe I was not the one that spoke up and as our kids always say "Mom.....I don't believe you didn't plan the birthday song!" It is the truth!!! Actually I really had fun after that because on the complete other side of the table there were kids and a Grandma! (Oh, the Grandpa was there also). The food was scrumptuous and they want you as a couple to share...where my husband had filet mignon, I had chicken and it was a blast watching the chef do his tricks. James, the in kindergarten, and half asleep, really awakened when the fire blazed, and James, the ?? shall I say, College graduate, was awakened by all the love and excitement for enjoying his awesome birthday event.....it reminded us of how well behaved our grandkids are when dining out.

The experience was great. Actually I was amazed at the price ($27 for two)...a complete 3 course meal, including a delicious soup, salad, green tea, appetizer, and choice of awesome dishes, plus we chose sherbert ice-cream.......all included. The salad was romaine lettuce and the beautiful part was the chef did such a phenomenal job grilling each family's meal.....I pride myself being organized, but I believe he has me beat!!!!


Bottom Line: Great place to go with family and friends.....looking for romance on hubby's special day......quiet serene dining room with lovely soft music in one of the other rooms would work. No complaints on this end...the service was incredible and the main thing is we loved every single second of it and went for a romantic walk on the canal!!!! Happy birthday to a cool, super great hero, "my" James! (The other couple kept saying "our" James) :) ...he's up now and this is HIS DAY!!!!

No comments: