Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beautiful Fall Never Changing Colors

Isn't it funny that when we were young, we couldn't wait to grow up, and when we are old, we reminisce on earlier years? Yet, whatever stage of life we find ourselves in at the moment, I know that God wants us to enjoy and embrace each "Season" as it comes our way. Fall....beautiful....leaves falling..so many different colors.

I'm sure there will be a lot of change as we go into the busy Holiday Season. The good news during the emotional transitions and changes? God gives us what we need for each Season of our lives. For our husband, kids and grandkids He will provide instruction, friendships and a myriad of other transitions. For me, He will provide new opportunities for service and growth! And to all of us, He gives Himself.....our ONE Constant in a changing world. I have been quoting Hebrews 13:8 at least fifty times this week: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever!"

As we all watch the leaves change colors this Fall, may it remind all of us to enjoy a new Season of life and to trust our unchanging God! I'm going to take a dose of Psalm 37:1-7 for this!! CCT: Carol's Caring Thoughts: vs. 5: "Commit thy way unto the Lord."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol, you are so right on your blog today. I am reminded what fall and the holiday season brings us - joy and happiness added to our year of praising the Lord!!

Carol Donnelson said...

Christine:

I know some 25-30 year olds who are listening to Christmas music this week. I think that is so awesome because Holiday Season does bring so much "joy and happiness" as you say and praises!!

Thanks so much for your comments--it's too bad I didn't see your commen earlier; this has been a day and a half of a day for me! I need a hug!