Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/9/07 & 9/11/01

After having an active Sunday (9th) at church, I was all relaxed getting myself almost ready for a great night's sleep and my husband had answered the phone and brought the phone were I was and said "Someone really cool wants to speak to you." Then comes this awesome, sweet, precious, cool voice that said "Happy Grandparents Day Grandma." Naturally it was our adorable Granddaughter! And I said "How thoughtful for you to remember--thank you!" And we chatted for a few minutes and she definitely had her mind focused on really wishing me to have a wonderful Grandparents Day. (Actually I didn't hear very much mention of it on the media so I thanked her wholeheartedly for remembering!) Then she put our Grandson on the phone. Now,you can't beat that with a stick! He sounded so grown up and interested in what I had been doing!! Their "cool" parents have taught them fabulous phone manners - oh, I hugged them right over that phone for the joy they bought into my life - and yes, I did sleep very well! My husband and I are definitely blessed to have the BEST grandkids in the world! Did you hear from your's? I hope so.

Now on the 9/11/01 what was I doing? I was teaching a Ladies Bible Study at a Well-Known Christian Bookstore. They had invited me to hold a 6-week class. Of course, we all stopped, stunned, and glued ourselves in front of the televisions they had in the store. Devistated isn't the word for it....Pure sickening....Today I will still be in prayer for the families and all involved.

God bless and protect us all!

No comments: