Saturday, September 15, 2007

Does Prayer Work?

Most definitely prayer works! Just close your eyes and open your heart and feel your worries and cares depart. As you feel God holds you secure in HIS love, give Him endless problems that cannot be solved; then He will "take over" and finish the rest. We have to GIVE IT TO HIM. I know when I'm tired, discouraged and blue, the door that is always OPEN is what I call "The House of Prayer." I find God always waiting to meet ME there. We opened our church specifically for 9/11 day for people to come in and pray. It was great to see people coming by JUST TO PRAY for the safety of America.

Prayer .... oh yes....any time, any where!! No farther away than the quiet spot - to kneel and pray is always my posture; I know God is there and I place myself in His loving care. He hears every single prayer and answers each one. It might be "wait" or "why not now?" but it is His will that we call upon Him for the smallest and the largest request. The burdens that seemed too heavy to bear are lifted away. Ending the prayer with praise and Gratitude for a God who loves us unconditionally, and is healing whatever ache and pain we go through....to put it simple: My prayers say "Hey God....and Yea God!!!" Prayers avail much. I John 5:14,14 - "And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us; and if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions (prayer) that we desired of Him."

Pray for our Q&A at church tomorrow.....after the a.m. Service. See ya there!

No comments: