Wednesday, September 5, 2007

....Blessings Came Calling On My Phone & Knocking On My Door

Monday there was a call left on our answering machine at home from one of the fun-loving ladies at our Church who wanted to have a "Carol Day." If she were to explain where she got that...I would have to give myself a pat on the back. Come on...it's not being arrogant to BRAG on oneself!!! Several years ago my husband and I helped out a Pastor and his wife in a small church and I met her there. She reminded me I had her special day and she wanted to return the favor. She asked me where would I love to go for lunch and have a "Carol Day?" Los Lupes restaurant, of course! We really had a great time! Memories....she is a very busy lady with a son whose a High School Senior + all the other kazillion things like working out, remodeling her home, has a heart for genuinely caring for others on her job and a phenomenal gift of mercy! I kept wanting to make the lunch about HER for all the things she does and she kept wanting to make the lunch about me. My spirits were really uplifted and the topper was she brought by a birthday gift last night (called first, of course, and since we were out with appointments) she left it on the porch. It was a singing birthday card that lasts until my next year birthday!!!

The song says "Everyone who knows you thinks you're really great, and yet you just get better every year - this is your day ...... This is your year!" "Happy b-day - Carol Day" I don't know where she found it, but with the card and the Starbuck's gift card inside I'm good to go for sure until next year!!!! Isn't it nice to know there are others who care so much to follow through with blessings upon blessings and F-ully R-ely O-n G-od to give them the time to others????? (That's our FROG theme at Church). She did all of this even in the busy-ness of life! Wow!

By the way, try a sophapilla with margerine and honey on it....yummy I begin this day feeling very grateful for this surprising event!!! When I returned home my husband surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of purple daisies. I hope your surprises and blessings are many today. Blessings surely came calling on my phone and knocking on my door!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Carol,

This is very encouraging to me because I remember when we had "my day", I bet you did do it without thought of having anything in return. Now years (I don't remember how many) later, you reaped the good seeds you sowed. I will always remember this so I can remember to sow those good seeds & what you do in private, God will reward. Don't get tired of well doing & God has promised you will reap good things if you don't give up! Thank you for reminding me of God's promises!!!!

Love ya,

Connie