Monday, January 7, 2008

Thanks God!

Autumn leaves in brilliant colors are in yuge piles in our back yard as I have taken my early morning stroll with Chloe our dog! Would you believe birds are even out this early in the morning, landing on the telephone lines? But at the moment, I didn't find joy in nature's signs of thanks! I was burdened with many thoughts; wondering how all the prayer requests are going to be answered, brokenness in so many families, people who are ill, fearful of our nation and our world.

Then what seemed to be a clear voice came to me, saying, "Why don't you just thank me?" I thought, Lord, is that you? I began to thank God for the rest of my walk, thanking Him for life, for every breath, thanking God for my children, my grandchildren and my husband of 40 years. I thanked God for my church family, for people to love.

Caring thought for the day: Thank God, no matter what.

No comments: