Saturday, January 12, 2008

.......a personal note i am a creature of habit!

I just have to blog about this....other than not liking a cluttered home (I love to organize so that takes care of that), my husband loves to have his long sleeved shirts laundered by the Cleaners because it's a huge load on me to launder, use faultless starch and still try to get the wrinkles out......so over the holidays the "Cleaners Load" kept piling up. I didn't realize how much until both of us always go over the shirts to make sure the Cleaners didn't iron over a button and it broke in two.....and of course being in the public eye, it's important that he doesn't look like a rag bag! So, we labeled the shirts that need a new button sewed on which is free from the cleaners. (I absolutely refuse to sew a button on and he's okay with that).

Okay total shirts 25!!!!! So I load them up in the basket and take them ....hello....the Cleaners has closed their doors forever....what a shock! No warning, nothing, just closed! I kept telling myself, don't stress out over this...surely there's another one close by.............while it's nice to think about the positive side......the research began on the internet looking for a Cleaners that wouldn't ruin his shirts........actually, there's not that many...so this did cause a little stress. Finally I found one and took all the 25 shirts in.......After the clerk tagged them all...she said "It's prepay with cash only." He needed his shirts by this Sunday, and she was so anxious to have her help get started on the load....I said I don't have that much cash on me. Of all things she asked me where I went to Church? Can you imagine that....I told her and that my husband was the Pastor and he has to have a clean shirt for Sunday and could I just pay for the one....She said, "Just pay when you pick them up, I trust you." She continued to say, "But you must pick them up by Friday evening at 5:30 p.m. sharp!" Most ladies would have said, "Give me the clothes back...I can't follow your demand." I thought.....hmmmmmmm...what shall I do? So, I told her "See you at 5:30 p.m. sharp on Friday evening." (With cash I might add.) I picked up the shirts and the bill was only $25.02.....at 5:30 p.m.

My thought is what would you have done?

The main thing I had my hubby approve since they were his shirts and of course he's grateful......lesson learned ....Never put your cleaning in a pre-pay...yes, they were okay.......but didn't have that sharp, crisp look.....so guess what I'll be doing...........locating an acceptable Cleaners. Ugh....I think we're going to see more of that .....Restaurants closing....Cleaners closing......Gasoline Stations closing.......so we might as well get used to it....One thing for sure...I AM A CREATURE OF HABIT!!!!! See ya in Church...remember W.O.W. 9 a.m. and church 10 a.m.

No comments: