Sunday, January 6, 2008

Phenomenal Memories Vs. Slinger's Comments

When missing a family member, the phenomenal memories will help to keep your mind stayed on happy thoughts of them, what they do to uplift your spirit, and just plain ole encouraging comments they say to me! Our daughter is renowned for sending fabulous, heart touching and such warm thoughts' thank you notes. On the outside of the envelope she addresses it: "Mom and Dad" That is so cool! Of course, it's our daughter-in-law that got me started CREATING cards, and has sent some phenomenal ones herself, and I plaster the thank-you cards everywhere (of course to give me phenomenal memories)! Then I have memories of the grandkids being here and anything they write on a piece of paper that's left here gets pinned to the bulletin board in my Grandma/Grandpa Room. Happy, happy memories!

Do you have memories of someone writing or creating a card for you? I was totally amazed at the great Christmas cards we got this year. So expressive and warm plus the love that went with it. To take the time to remember me with a card truly motivates me to a) Want to immediately send a thank you for even thinking of me and b) How very thoughtful it is for someone to think of me and my husband says "Well, that's you....they care because you care."

Phenomenal memories is a super great way to get your mind and heart back on caring, loving, cheerfulness, and happy thoughts. Some people will find fault, no matter what you do. I don't spend too much time on trying to pleae somebody who is impossible to please. Until they deal with their own issues on The inside, they're not going to try to keep them happy. The best thing you can do is ignore the slingers. They won't put forth the effort to be their best, so they feel like they need to tear you down to help ease their own conscience. When you hear those negative comments or fast accusations, just remind yourself, "No big deal - just another slinger." I've already made up my mind: no more stones are going into my well. I'm going to live my life in freedom with phenomenal memories!

Slingers comments are nothing more than distractions, trying to get you to lose focus on what you should be doing. You shouldn't waste five seconds of your emotional energy trying to figure out why some body said someething or what they really meant. You only have so much energy each day. So shake off a distraction immediately so you can use your strength positively. Otherwise, if you allow yourself to focus on the distraction, you'll come home and not really want to interact with your family, because you will be emotionally drained. Every day is a gift of God! See ya in Church -- 10 a.m. today!!!
Hey here's a great scripture I found and want to share. Judges 6:18: "The Lord answered, "I will be with you."

No comments: