Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Proverbs & Random Thoughts Of Encouragement

I love to read the book of Proverbs in the Bible. They are moral virtues and their contrary vices. It reminds me of "fairness." I received an awesome book for Christmas (and it's just exactly what I wanted!!) from our Son and his family Joel Osteen's new book (best seller by the way) "Become A Better You." As I have been reading it, it is just exactly what helps me...encouragaement!

When you show love, you are showing God to the world.

I wonder what our world would be like if every person would find some way to do good every single day. What would our cities be like? What would our offices be like? What would our schools be like if we made it a priority to brighten somebody else's day, to do something good for somebody else? I get so much encouragement from our kids; always thinking about what I need. I was running out of embellishments for my "Carol's Creative Cards" and sure enough I got enough to last me six months!!! I got hoodless jackets to wear in cold weather!!! Also, jeans galore!!! How about a Starbuck's card, starbuck's coffee beans and even a coffee bean grounder....Cuisinart...whoppee....I am blessed!!! (That's not all.....I feel spoiled rotten, but believe you me, so happy because they all are so THOUGHTFUL!!!)

I've been reading a Proverbs chapter a day! I have truly been challenged by all the instructions! I'm a "Wannabe positive, encouraging person" - yep, I believe lives are changed through the acts of encouragement! The secret of encouragement is that it gives you hope!
My old standby (& I don't mind saying it) is to bake banana bread or cornbread and leave it on someone's doorstep.

How do you like to encourage? I'd love to heaer.

No comments: