Thursday, January 24, 2008

Servitude Attitude

I believe we should have a "Servitude Attitude" even if we are out and about in our every day life....not just serve in Church.

Why? You never know when that person might be checking out your christianity to see if you live what you teach in Church!!!!

For instance, yesterday I had to make a deposit...the Manager of the Bank saw me, (I'm a super regular customer) came over in line, and began talking to me re: slowing economy.......he had recently returned from a Branch Management Conference and was like a talking encyclopedia! I felt like I had a great way to show my caring and concern, so I listened.

I think too many times, we miss out on great opportunities to be a blessing to someone who has been contemplating coming to our church..........afterwards, he said "Carol, where did you say your church is?"......zippo - out came the church card, and the directions! I'm looking forward to seeing him, his wife, and two kids Sunday!!!

How about you? Who can you serve that would be looking for a new church home?

No comments: