Monday, March 2, 2009

Posting for Geneva's Comment

Good Afternoon!
For some unbeknown reason my blog is not accepting a comment to Geneva's comment.
So here is my comment to her question. (Please look in "1 comment). thx.

Geneva:
Great comment. I can only surmise you are getting giggly because Pastor Jim is speaking each week on a series of "JOY" so maybe your joy button is being pushed...
The treasure of God's Word. The Bible comes from God. .... of course and is "given by inspiration of God" II Timothy 3:16 - every word of it. There are no fads and no gimmicks in the Bible. What you read between the covers of your Bible is wisdom for a lifetime and rock-solid, forever truth, truth you can stand on, live by, and trust.....forever!
Unearthing the Treasure of God's Wisdom (# 1 & 2 of my) stage of Bible reading:
1. Read it Start anywhere. And I would suggest not making your Bible reading time an ordeal. Just get your cup of coffee, or tea, sit down, open your Bible and read.....beginning with Proverbs. Expose yourself to God's wisdom every day by reading the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the date of the month. Devour it! David wrote that God's Word was "sweeter than honey and the honeycomb" - (Psalm 19:10). Jeremiah testified, "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart." (Jeremiah 15:16) As you devour God's Word, you'll taste His refreshment of the peaches and cream stages.......it is consumed with passion and pleasure!

I know you will have this same delicious addiction, love and passion for the Bible. I want it for you because God's Word is so exciting, so electric, so energizing - in a word...thrilling. I know you are a superb note taker because I see you each Sunday brilliantly writing evey word. What I do is have a small notebook when I read the Bible and jot my own notes...that's where peaches and cream stage comes in for me! We are all so different. You'll find a way that I would never think of.
Blessings to you. It is awesome to hear someone takes on the challenge of reading the Bible. I'm so excited for you. Thanks again for the comment!

No comments: