Wednesday, December 16, 2009

JOY

wooohoo.....Sarah, a fabulous blogger had this on her post and I want to share it with my readers:

"Joy is a Symptom


The times in my life I’ve been the most joyful, it hasn’t really been a choice.

It has been against my will.


People say that love is a choice and I’m confident that’s true. And I guess that joy can be a choice in the same way. For example, I choose joy over self-pity, happiness over sullenness and delight over disdain.

Yes, sometimes joy is a choice.

But more often for me, joy has often been a symptom…"

Oh, do I love this!!!! And I thank Sarah for putting it there. I constantly check my JOY thermometer to see how high or low I go!!! Do you? Don't let the Grinch steal your Christmas. Don't let anyone steal your JOY. Occasionally when I don't hear from someone, and it almost sounds purposeful that they leave me out, the first thing that really gets to me is am I showing JOY even though I'm hurt over it?

Some people have never ever experienced JOY and that is so sad. God has made me to always think of others first and to see the JOY on their face is worth having JOY.

No comments: