Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some People Subtract Something From Life

we tolerate them.
I read once what Julius Caesar asserted "A friend should bear his friend's infirmities. But Brutus makes mine great than they are." That's what subtracers do. They do not bear our burdens and they make heavier the ones we already have. The sad thing about subtracters is that what they do is usually unintentional. If you don't know how to add to others, then you probably subtract by default.

It's similar to the difference between building a relationship and purposely tearing it down. It takes a skilled craftsman much time and energy to build a beautiful chair. It takes no skill whatsoever to smash that chair in a matter of moments.

I value people who multiply something in life than the people who go around subtracting from life! How about you? I'm fortunate - for every bad that a person does to tear me down I have so many who respect me and sharpen my vision and maximize my strengths.

I'm encouraged by focusing on the importance of valuing and growing trustin relationships. I want to add to someone's success than see them stumble.

True character is seen when you ADD to making someone's life important and not tearing them down all the time. That's the bottom line.......say happy things about someone; don't get caught ruining their testimony and causing a rift in their marriage. And please know I would rather have my strengths maximizes than my faults! Any day! See ya in church! 10 a.m. tomorrow!

No comments: