Friday, September 12, 2008

Givers or Takers?

I'm definitely a giver because I don't receive well. I'm always grateful but when I recently had my birthday; I couldn't wait to send my "Thank You's" because of my appreciation. What about You? Are you a giver or a taker? Or are you somewhere in between? What concrete steps can you take today and move further along from being a taker to being a giver? II Corinthians 8:1-5 is great to read regarding Jesus' affirming words about Mary's extravagant gift to Him. I always want to give a gift; shopping for someone is such a joy. My husband says I have giving attacks - that's when I always want to take a person or our family out to eat.....it makes me feel good to see someone appreciate what they received or just really like what I took time to get them. I could write on and on about this subject.

I hope your Friday is just fantastic. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up and get ready for Q&A for Sunday. We're having hamburgers instead of hot dogs this time. That should be super! Hope you will plan to come out - worship at 10 a.m. and Q&A around 11:10 a.m. It would be our pleasure to serve you!

No comments: