Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Eternal Love Of God

As I have listened to hundreds of stories from women; their disappointment and anger falls into three categories. We are disappointed in ourselves, in others, and in our more honest moments, we are disappointed with God.

Our culture calls to us that what we need is self-esteem, that all would be well if we just felt better about ourselves. That is a lie. We live on a broken planet....a disappointing place. But, I urge you to bring whatever it is about yourself that disappoints you to God and let Him love you as you are right now. We cannot do it on our own, but God's outrageous and eternal love teaches us how to forgive. It is God's gift to us to help us live in a world that is not fair. All we have to do is ask God for the grace to extend forgiveness. Has someone hurt or disappointed you? Forgive and forgive again. Don't let a root of bitterness well up.

I encourage you to read Titus 3:4-5. God's love is definitely eternal!

Today is a sad day in history as we all know...9/11/02 devastating and tradgic....I urge you to pause a moment to reflect on New York and what those people are still feeling the pain of lost loved ones. It is going to be my plan today to pray for all in New York as so many of the news coverage brings back the horrifying event - I know it must be difficult for all.....I hope they feel God's love (His Eternal Love) in such a special way this day. ...from my heart, Carol

No comments: