Friday, December 14, 2007

....Take The Time.....for what????.....To Care

I'm admonishing all of us to take the time to tell someone what they mean to us. I read recently of a man who was in his thirties-ish who passed away and left behind a lovely wife and son. Yes, you say, life goes on. But, does it for some people?

What can we do to care? Send an e-mail, a note, a phone call, a Christmas card, a flower, a text message, something to show we care about others. I'm proud to say (because of the glory and honor given to our Amazing Lord who gives us the Grace to follow through with caring) have followed through with my "caring commitment." I do care. It's in my heart to care. It's how God shows me JOY in the midst of pain; PEACE in the midst of suffering; and certain LOVE in the midst of the uncertainties of LIFE. I call these lessons He is teaching me to take the time to care.

Life is short.

Please care. I'm claiming II Corinthians 12:9 "And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Need I say more? I think not. BUT, I MUST. My question still remains, how do you teach one to care? By example, by teaching, by reminding???? I care because I care. You either care or you don't; it's that simple! Think about it....there are countless people out there that need us to care...where would it be if we didn't care? Someone said to me the other day....."I don't give a rip." That would be the epitomy of a non-caring person. Oh, dear God, may I never get that complacent....may I genuinely love and care. I want to stay lost in His love for a God who really cares. Christmas - a time to care - OTHERS - He was born in a lowly manger......the least we can do is give our love and care!

I'm not boasting on myself....I've talked to so many women this week who have made the statement "I just don't care anymore." It grieves my spirit...but I honestly believe it all boils down to caring.

No comments: