Sunday, August 16, 2009

Facing Giants!

At times I am eager to reach a goal but afraid to face the "giants." We all face giants such as financial difficulties, temptations of the flesh, and selfish desires. One of my scariest giants appeared when my husband decided to "retire." That means a possible move, a change in many things, and just a lot of decisions to make. I have found, though, that the abundant love of family and friends who have helped us get closer to decisions, is helping to dispel doubts and has given us strength to face and conquer our giants so that we can serve more fully!

I've never been a selfish person; my life exists on OTHERS...so to constantly have a "what about me?" attitude makes me feel like a giant is there saying "You can't do this...what are you thinking about?" Doubt, doubt, doubt! But, the greatest thing is I don't live my life on doubt but on trust and confidence that I serve a GREAT God who can give me a mind set of not letting the giants get in the way! Yea!!!!

An encouraging thought is God gives us the strength to conquer our fears and our giants! (Numbers 13:28) so never fear, He will remove all giant doubts and give us understanding and victory as we still make the "what's next?" decisions.

No comments: