Friday, August 14, 2009

Discover Your Dream

No one can define your dream but you. God gives your dream to you alone.

One of the greatest gifts you have in your life is the ability to see beyond your present state - to dream.

As long as you are alive, you do have a dream. You might not label it as such, but there is a dream within you. My dream was always to get married and have one of each, a girl and a guy and that we did. From the very second our Son was born, I began praying for a Daughter and viola.....my dream came true!!! It's all about God's great purposes and plans. Just think of the lives that have been touched as I fulfilled the destiny He had designed for me with adding to.....a Son and a Daughter, and now that has multiplied with two a precious Granddaughter and Grandson!

Should we always have a dream? Yes, most definitely! I'm working on my dream right now. If you want to see it, go see the movie Julia/Julia. The actress who kept cooking the food for the American Julia Child recipies is me......When my husband and I first married, I worried oh good grief am I going to be a great cook, because I never had any training whatsover on that! Now, he says not only am I the greatest cook in the world, but I need to write a cookbook on all I know about cooking. We recently (together) fixed our kitchen "User Friendly" - after being married 42 years....I had all my gourmet cooking electric appliances besides tucked away - out of sight, out of mind. Now I have them all in sight and we have had the greatest time using them!!!! So, if you should come to our home, you'll get some awesome food, cooked by the person who has had a 42-year dream; to please whomever is eating it and ENJOY a great meal, but I still have my dream after all these years.

My husband constantly raves about my being the greatest cook in America, so I think I'll keep this dream alive and working!!! How about you? What's your dream? I'd love to hear it! By the way, the actress in the movie was an avid blogger with no comments.....a-ha, if that isn't me...what is? Oh well, have a super Friday!!!!!

No comments: