Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Deepest Sympathy

.....to her husband, Andy Whitwell; as his precious wife, Vanessa, passed away last Sunday and her funeral is today at 11:00 a.m. I know she touched my life with her beautiful singing voice, and charming, humble way she made me feel so welcome. Before my husband founded Lighthouse, we attended a mega church to help out (in whereever the need was). I joined their choir and my husband taught in the Home Team class. Vanessa was the Choir Director's "right hand assistant" and she made me feel like I was the most important person in that choir!

Yesterday I attended a one-hour ladies event contributing to her phenomenal talent, creativity in setting up events at the church, and we all were in tears because even though I'm not at that church to have seen all the decorative skills she has done, I had fond memories of her singing and very positive life!


I would also like to share some of her life that was shared about her:
"Vanessa Whitwell, 34, beloved by her family and endeared to all, fell peacefully into the loving embrace of her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Sunday, April 6, 2008 due to a brain hemorrhage.

Vanessa was born May 9, 1973 in Waco, Texas. She was raised in and around the HEB area and attended Trinity High School in Euless, Texas. After graduating from high school in 1991, Vanessa received a B.S. in Psychology from the University of North Texas in 1996.

Vanessa’s true gift of music influenced her early career choices, but her heart for God drove her to the ministry. Utilizing her superior singing voice, she toured with Sierra, a contemporary Christian singing group in 1999. Completing that tour, she returned to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to facilitate worship with her beautiful singing voice."

I know the family is devastated over this great loss. Please take a moment today and pray for them and I want to thank the Lord for Vanessa being so cheerful and encouraging of a person at a time when I needed it, and that was her; always ready to be so full of life! That is how I will always remember her.

No comments: