Friday, April 4, 2008

Bulletin Boards...some Great Caring Thoughts

Okay.....not only do I collect chickens, but I believe I collect bulletin boards also! A favorite store of our's closed its doors (Comp USA) and the Lady that was sent to "shut everything down" talked to me at length about some family issues and because I cared enough to take the time to help her, she gave me fifteen bulletin boards! Some are still stacked at the church (don't worry...I will put them to full use soon)....but some I brought home. This weekend I am going to bring one home to put our grandson's notes, and creative things on. (I already have one for our granddaughter.) And .... as many of you know.....thanks to our daughter-in-law's beautiful creativities, I make "Carol's Creative Cards" ...CCC and I still have posted her first thank you card as she was our newest addition to the family.

One of my Sisters asked me - "Why bulletin boards????" Positive Encouragement! These little sticky notes written or printed or pics drawn are such a great encouragement when I pin them up to view daily, if I want to. It also reminds me when I taught the third grade in a private school.......great memories!

So, what about you? Do you have or even like bulletin boards? I guess now the going thing is to frame the kids' creativity. That's awesome because it makes gorgeous decor for a home or office. One of my favorite things to do is watch the people at our church READ the bulletin boards.........there are great messages - I wish I had time to share them. One of these days when I really learn how to blog and post a picture, I will show you a vast array of my bulletin board collections. Until then, enjoy whatever your way of displaying so much love for philosophical or inspirational memories............it's such a great feeling to display the encouragement coming from your kids or grandkids or love notes from hubby....lifetime treasures!

No comments: