Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nothingness

There are so many ways we can communicate...blogs, e-mails, text-messaging, mail, and then get connected to what is going on....TV 24-hr. news; iPods, satellite radio and the newest out, Twitter. Everywhere messages are going into our minds.

Do we ever have solitude? A time to just do nothing?

I want to quote from a book I've been reading lately. The author is
Henri Nouwen and the book is “The Way of the Heart”…

“In solitude I get rid of my scaffolding: no friends to talk with, no telephones calls to make, no meetings to attend, no music to entertain, no books to distract, just me - naked, vulnerable, weak, sinful, deprived, broken-nothing. It is this nothingness that I have to face in my solitude, a nothingness so dreadful that everything in me want to run to my friends, my work, and my distractions so that I can forget my nothingness and make myself believe that I am worth something.”

I hope you have your solitude time and truly enjoy it. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: