Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Great Book

Have you ever picked up a book you have on your shelf and cannot put it down?

I go through spurts in reading because at some point I fall asleep reading. After graduating from Bible College, I began working as Secretary to the Controller of the Missions Office. This is where I met my husband as his Grandfather was the Director of Missions. My boss, the Controller and his wife were a fabulous couple and a beautiful example of life!

So goes a great story.....never in my wildest dream would I realize I would be dating my boss's boss's Grandson!!!! Long and short of it all, we fell in love and when we planned our wedding, my boss and his wife provided the beautiful duet of the music we chose and it was marvelous! Their little daughter was our Flower Girl. Recently she sent a book she has authored "Anchored in Grace" (Kathleen Coffer) a story about their lives! I knew they had three daughters so talented and such a great family.

In a section they feature my husband's Grandparents as they were the closest and most loving friends in their entire lives! Wow! I couldn't put the book down and am so blessed to have this book. They live in Branson, Missouri and I am so grateful she and he cared enough to send this book and remember us after some thirty-five years as, unfortunately, we have not had any contact. What a marvelous, great book. Not only that, but truly marvelous people! They truly practice their faith! What a thrill to be personally acquainted with Logan and Kay Coffer, and to read of their solidly knitted lives!

No comments: