Monday, February 25, 2008

"Thy Will be Done"....praying the Lord's Prayer...

Why then should we pray, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven," when there seems so little doubt that God's will WILL be done? Part of the answer, I think, lies in the fact that to pray these words expresses a willingness on our part for our lives and our plans to be shaped to God's will.

To me, there's a need to consult with God when making our plans. I've been doing a thorough study for the book of Proverbs and the Bible says in that book... "Commit your plans to the Lord...." Letting go and trusting Him adds wisdom....God stands ready to give us wisdom for His will to be done. To me, Proverbs is the beginning of life and gives me full assurance to know His will.

......so not of me, but Him.

No comments: