Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Happy Note....some very caring thoughts....my soapbox speech

I believe it's a choice to be happy.

Just like I believe it's a choice for some women to make their spouse miserable. (or happy). And as long as they cannot take their own mistakes (or own up to them), it's so much happier to just blame him!

I will take full blame, rather than make my hubby's life miserable. The choice is do you want to keep the argument up, or have peace? And why not be happy for the great things that happen to him? Our beloved daughter sent me a pic of my awesome husband, of course her loving Dad standing by a ship's plaque....my first thought is to have it ENLARGED because since he looks so fantastic! I'm so happy for them spending time together~ I'm so happy she thought of me to send the pics!

We ladies need to search deep within and ask ourselves are we sending out crabby, negative remarks to our hubby or significant other???? Make a choice to send compliments, phenomenal remarks about him, uplifting comments to any and all who are around us!!! MAKE A CHANGE now before it's too late! Don't ruin his life forever. Yesterday I happen to watch Dr. Phil and he was helping "engaged couples" and he told four out of six that "if they married the guy they are engaged to, his life would be miserable THE REST OF HIS LIFE....because of their negative very rude comments! That's pretty powerful! Come on ladies, you can do it!! Make that choice!

I'm sure I will go down on the reader's poll, but I have felt God tugging at my heart's door to write my concern.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Carol,

I agree with you one hundred percent. I know I like to joke around when around friends and family but I do not try to be negative around them.
But shouldn't we be true to ourselves and share what we feel and not bottle them up? I know we should share our feelings in a calm manner.

Mary

Carol Donnelson said...

Mary,
I'm talking about "husband & significant other" men bashings...some women have to spill bad, negative comments all the time, and the truth is, it makes them look bad; where's the happiness and joy for all he does to provide, love, and have great qualities...instead they have to major on the minor flaws and can't let go....they just have to say disgusting remarks about him. I know I'm going against the "norm" in society, but try this: Keeping a meek and quiet spirit and the feelings to yourself and God. The choice is to be happy and look for the positive remarks and uplifting comments about him. The book of Proverbs has a lot to say how foolish it is.