Monday, March 19, 2007

A Radical Message of Love & Gratitude for My Husband

Female chauvinism, male chauvinism, racial/cultural prejudices and economic snobbery are all branches off the same tree-a tree called selfishness. This selfishness will spread its poisonous roots through the soil of a marriage and destroy its foundation. How about women who adopt a "down with men" view in an attempt to be superior to men. I have witnessed chauvinism surfacting among Christian women in a variety of ways, including: Rolling the eyes and saying, "That's just like a man." Telling jokes that put men down; dishonoring husbands by scorning their needs; treating husbands as if they were children; controlling husbands; believing women really are superior to men; criticizing husbands in front of children and friends; discrediting husbands' decisions, dreams, and masculinity; not respecting and reverencing husbands; and from little girls, "Girls rule, boys drool." Take a moment today and appreciate the ways your mate expresses his support of you. I love what Mother Teresa in 1999 said, "We must grow in love and to do this we must go on loving and loving and giving and giving until it hurts - the way Jesus did. Do ordinary things with extraordinary love." And of course the entire book of Solomon is awesome.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

This is so true these days! I know that I was raised to dislike men. My mother always told me "never depend on a man" that I needed to be self-sufficient. Boy did that ever place some strains on my marriage!! Thank God that I found out what marriage is really supposed to be about and we couldn't be happier now. I owe so much of that to God, you and your wonderful husband :0)