Saturday, March 31, 2007

DO SOMETHING!

In developing confidence, realize you have God-given abilities that are begging to be challenged. It's called "DO SOMETHING!" In order to do this, you're going to have to leave the comfort zone and try something new. I am now playing a few hymns on the keyboard, but believe me I was definitely stuck in my comfort zone. I really amazed myself; the first Sunday I played for the offertory, some people came up to me and thought it was taped music. No, it was "live" from the shakey fingers of me! But, I did something! People who never leave their comfort zones don't grow in their confidence! I developed confidence by gritting my teeth and saying, "If I am fearfully made and if I have all of this divine potential within me, I'm going to try something new (DO SOMETHING!) and see what happens!"
Our church has Q&A usually every other Sunday; it's where we eat delicious hot dogs (usually Virginia style) and sit around a huge table and ask questions to our Pastor regarding the teaching and message given. The answer given by him definitely develops great levels of comptency. I believe it challenges all of us to take a confident stop forward and be willing to take risks for the sake of growth. I'm very thankful for the fact that one of our ladies left her comfort zone and arrives early to DO SOMETHING - the set up! It sure takes a load off as I am busy DOING SOMETHING to get ready for a great Service.

No comments: