Saturday, March 17, 2007

Choices

Next week will be very challenging for me. I lost my beloved "Mamma" thirty-seven years ago and thought I would be prepared, but how could I possibly be ready for something like this? It, of course, was so final. No more chances to share our feelings and retrieve the time, to do and say the things undone. My heart aches. .....March 24 is the day she was born and even though my soul grieves this great loss, the fun, loving person that she was. As I completely, unconditionally, with no reservations, place my trust in God, I choose to look forward with invigorated anticipation as to how He will guide me through this week. My choice today is to remember my beautiful Mom and realize because I no longer have her and at times feel shattered, broken, and bruised from the storms in life, my trust and confidence is in a Holy God who is there giving me those great memories, filling my days with praise and uplifting days!
P.S. Since my beloved Mom was Irish/German decent, I'm celebrating St. Patrick's Day with inevitable JOY!

4 comments:

Ritta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritta said...

I so understand how this feels I too lost my Mom. January 27, 1985.... 22 Years ago. They say that Girls are Daddy's girls... Not me! I was a Mutti's girl (that's Mom in german) . After she was gone I felt so lost. Just like you I shared my happiness and sorrows with her. Behind her bed she had this huge Mural of a Forrest and right behind her pillow was a huge strong tree. To me she was like this beautiful Tree with big branches and soft leaves. The Branches would hug me and protect me and the leaves would brush me gentle and make all pain disappear. I could rest under it and find shelter from the world. We have a beautiful song about that in german.... When I miss her and our talks I have to sometimes remember that Jesus wants to be my Tree and that he too wants to shelter me and hold me and protect me from all the worlds pain and sorrow. He too loves to share my happiness just like "My Tree"
I Love you "Mutti" and I will miss you forever

Carol Donnelson said...

Thanks so much Ritta for the beautiful comment regarding your Mom. You have given a beautiful description of a precious, precious Mutti! It is so encouraging to know someone understands the gentle touch and advice of a Mom who is so terribly missed! I appreciate you!