Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Remember to Pray

Several times I have been invited to share in an unusual form of prayer groups. Group membes commit to pray for a particular time for a specific things. What binds us together is the commitment to pray as one voice, at that time. Knowing someone is praying for me, even when that person is far away, means I am not alone. I truly believe Jesus felt the prayers of people and admonished them not to stop praying. (Mark 14:38).

When we commit to pray for someone or about something, we make an important promise. Following through on our commitment gives others gentle, flowing support that is "powerful and effective."

Help us to tell others when we are praying for them and keep our commitment.

Praying with others is a reminder that none of us is ever alone! I'm praying for you today, for your welfare and needs to be supplied. I request prayer for myself and am appreciative that you will remember to pray for our needs to be met.

No comments: