Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Enjoyable! Take On Garage Sales

Labor Day was enjoyable! Had a great garage sale...neighbors and friends came out of the woodwork! All 28 years we've lived here...wow! Hadn't seen some of them for what I call humpteen years! Getting rid of stuff actually ended up fun! Met a couple who are what I call the most wonderful family! They had two small kids and 2 miniature chihuahuas and I told our daughter I'd love to join a chihuahua club...it seems to me that people who own those breed of dogs are so loving and kind. Would you believe one of the dogs came to me! Most usually they shy away from me...I couldn't get over it! I've never seen such a dog that does his/her thing and gets by with it. But the family was so tremendously helpful....they purchased the last minute stuff and even carried the tables in. My hubby couldn't get over it! We had a great day and trust me it was hot! One more thing...I'm not sure people really realize that people who are 86 or thereabout are very lonely people. They all came out just to sit in the chair by me and yack! Oh well, some day I'll be that age twenty years from now, so I didn't mind them coming back a few times to get attention. What got to me was the perfume they put on and stood in front of the fan. I am highly allergic to perfume, so I had to politely say, please don't stand in front of the fam with your strong perfume, I can't breathe. They didn't get offended, so that was good.

Have you ever had a garage sale? I don't really think I'll feel the results of it until tomorrow! (Soreness.) : ( And did you know, there are more men that come to garage sales than women? That was interesting! Looking for retro stuff and of course we had plenty of it! Hey, enjoy your Tuesday as everyone gets back in the swing of things! And....just thought I'd share some personal stuff this morning how enjoyable my Labor Day was!

No comments: