Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Healthy Relationships Part II

Cut unhealthy relaionships out of your life!

Trust God to help you recognize when a relationship is becoming detrimental to your business, your ministry, or the health of your family life. Trust God to give you courage to end the relationship, and then trust Him to give you broad enough shoulders and thick enough skin to take the criticism that you may face for ending the relationship.

It takes emotional energy to end a relationship, and if you cut every healthy relationship out of your life at one time, you are likely to be overwhelmed by the loss.

Look for real character in a relationship. If you have to d----r----a----w a compliment out of someone, trust me, they are not interested in you; in my situtation I feel it's just to get closer to my husband and that has been a blessing being married to a Pastor, and, trust me, he notices it also, so it does not make for a healthy situation.

Neither one of us would loose our identity to be a "Dad" or "Mom" to those when we were in the Pastorate - the fact is I heard someone say that once and I cringed because neither one of us liked it, believe you me! We were their Pastor and Pastor's Wife and now we have retired together (I have deep respect for his decision) and it's so easy to notice those who have other motives. Do those who think that not realize we have a son and daughter, and trust me, we both fulfill that role extremely nicely!

Happy Birthday, daughter-in-law! This is YOUR day and have a blast! Celebrate your super day!!!! yea!!!! Live it up!

No comments: