Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More On Love

What's wrong with saying "I love you." I've been known to say it to some of our church members. Question: Must I love other people? I believe we are commanded (in the Bible and this is where I base all my facts) to love one another. The song "Love makes the world go round" is always on my mind! I claim John 13:34-35 "I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

I don't see anything wrong about saying I love you.....I see the right of it. I believe it's my Christian duty because being a Christian comes with certain expectations. One of them is that we will love others. Our Christian conduct is proof of wheter we love each other, and loving each other is proof that we belong to Christ.

What a re some special things that come from a loving relationship?

Proverbs 10:12 - Love covers all offenses.

I Corinthians 13:4-7 - Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up.

The gifts that come from love are many including forgiveness, patience, kindness, love for truth, love for justice, love for the best in a person, loyalty at any cost, and belif in a person no matter.

For my birthday this week I have had many people that have been an inspiration in previous years and I have ended the phone call with I love you and they with me.

As the song says, "Spread a little love around........" Why not, it sure feels good to know people are that valuable! They are to me!!! And if someone doesn't like it; they are jealous because they withhold love and need to be more loving, kind, and patient. Someone asked me what I want for my birthday? I said "Love" and they said "Hey that's a great gift - we all need it." Everyone needs love. Trust me.. it makes a difference in my life and your's also, if you'll just love.

No comments: