Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Momma

I have blogged before in previous years that my Momma passed away on my birthday, which is this Saturday, August 21st! This was in 1970 but I think about her every day and rejoice that she knew the Lord, although she never attended church in my lifetime. Here's a beautiful poem about her:

GOD IS KEEPING HER SAFE
If I could see my mother's face,
How happy I would be.
If I could hold her little hands,
That did so much for me.

Momma's eyes were brown as they could be,
Her hair was pure black and always curled.
Seems like everybody knew,
She grew up with many girls.

Sometimes when I go to sleep,
I see her in my dreams, especially her face.
If I could only tell her,
She can never be replaced.

God must have sent an angel
For her my summer birthday as she sickly lay,
But this I know, He took her,
She's safe with Him today!

No comments: