Thursday, March 25, 2010

Understanding Self!

Recently I had the privilege of speaking to a group of women on staff at a church and the Pastor's Wife wanted me to speak primarily on "How Do We Understanding Ourselves as a Wife" Here's what I shared:

In discussing personality, we must know or understand ourselves. How can we ever hope to understand our mate if we do not understand our own self? How well do you really know yourself? Are we able to recognize our own strength and our own weakness? It is so easy to see the mote in the other person's eye and yet not know e have a beam in our own. We may be able to deceive ourselves, but our mate has a fairly good image of us. When we fail to meet his expectations, then it is our responsibility to check ourselves and correct our faults!

It is good to ask ourselves periodically:
Do you try to make your home interesting, attractive, cheerful, a place of rest and relaxation? Do you devote time, thought, and study to making it what your husband desires? Do you serve meals that are nutritious, appetizing to the taste, attractive and what your family enjoys eating? Do you handle household finances in a business like way? Are you extravagant? (It has been said a woman can throw more money with a teaspoon out the back door than a man can bring in the front door with a shovel.)
How about your personal appearance at home, or in public? Are you a good sport? Are you punctual, cheerful, uncomplaining. Do you insist on always having your own way? Do you show as much courtesty and consideration for his relatives as you do for your own? Are you willing for him to be the head of your home? Are you willing to follow his leadership?

After we have tried to become better acquainted with our own personality, and understand our attitudes more clearly, then tomorrow I want to discuss "Understanding Our Mate." I know you will enjoy tomorrow's blog. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Geneva said...

I love it!! But now I have an overwhelming need to go home and clean!! :P

Putting someone elses needs first helps keep the right perspective going! Lord knows I run into enough selfish self-centered people every day!

Hugs to you!

Carol Donnelson said...

That's what marriage is ALL ABOUT! Husband being the leader of the home and trusting his judgment(s)I think my husband would have a bunch of bad days if I didn't keep the house in order. After all, he is working to give help to couples. (I am also, but at times I don't have to go.) And I'm sitting here doing FB!!!! (or walking the dogs)....hmmmm Thanks so very much for your comment. I value your sharing!

Angie said...

That's the problem with most of today's women(married). They don't keep order. God first head of both husband and wife then husband head of the home.Doesn't matter wether we still work outside the home or do the bills or lots of other things we do. he is still the head and thank God for that.