Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Keep Your Marriage Love-Based!!!!

I talk to so many women who have a control-based marriage which I feel is centered around an individual.

A love-based marriage is Christ-centereed and, therefore focuses on meeting the needs and serving the other spouse.

My husband and I are passionate about love-based serving marriage!

A controller is more interested in what he or she wants than in what the other person wants. A controller can also never be completely committed to the Lord or completely God-focused because that person is too centered upon getting his or her own way. Neither one wants to relinquish his or desire to dominate and control the other one!

I Cor. 13:5 says love is not self-seeking.

A love-based marriage looks to the whole Bible for guidance on healthy relationships! (Also, breeds openness and respect!) I'm up early making some extra time to write in my prayer journal for you. I am so loving those of you who have commented that you love reading my blogs; what an encouragement and especially I am soooo grateful for each of you that keep in touch. It's my passion! Thanks and the happiest of Thanksgiving as you cook, serve, and share the love you have!!!

No comments: