Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This Might Sound A Bit Old Fashioned

What's a lady to Wear?

How does a lady discern the sometimes fine line between proper dress and dressing to be the center o attention? The answer starts in the intent of the heart. A lady should examine her motives and goals for the way she dresses. This might sound a bit old fashioned, but is her intent to show her love and devotion to her husband and his goodness to her? Is it to reveal a humble heart devoted to worshiping God? Or is it to call attention to herself and flaunt her wealth and attempt to allure men sexually?

I believe a lady who focuses on worshiping God wil consider carefully how she is dressed, because her heart will dictate her wardrobe and appearance. If you have to question whether it's too low in the front, I'm sure it is. But the biggest question I help women, ladies and girls with, is "Do you think my blouse is too revealing?" And honestly, I'm not afraid to say an honest "Yes." Why purposely cause a man to stumble in the area of lust? That's my question to them. Please know I am not judging; but it is my sincere prayer that we all will have convictions in the area of revealing too much. Dressing with moderation also refers to self-control I Timothy 2:9. 'Nuff said.

No comments: