Friday, February 20, 2009

Beauty Treatment!

How? Reading God's inspired Word! It causes us to grow in Christlikeness! God's Word is alive and powerful, and it works on what's inside, on the heart (Heb. 4:12) As you and I read the Bible, we learn God's truth, identify wrong behavior, mend our ways, and receive positive training in righteousness. (II Tim. 3:16) In other words, the Bible works us over from the inside out! It gives us a complete spiritual makeover and performs open heart surgery at the same time. : )

When I read my Bible, it penetrates my heart and lifts my soul. It causes me to desire that God desires, to think more like He things, and to pursue what He wants me to have. When my reading time is over, I find my mind at rest, my heart at peace, my head clear, and a direction and purpose for my day! I hope the same may be true for you as we have a beauty treatment.

No comments: