Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars.........random thoughts

Did you watch 'em?

Naturally I fell asleep half-way through.......but I am up early indeed to see who won and check the "red carpet" and what kind of gowns were worn! It never ceases to amaze me that the one shoulder type gowns would be popular this year. It just proves to me society dictates! You may disagree with me....but who wants to be a part of the ugliest dressed. I wouldn't want to.

I kinda thought Meryl Streep would have gotten BEST ACTRESS. But I was glad Penelope Cruz got an award. After having a baby and going right back in to work...ugh!!! I'm a Dustin Hoffman fan - I'll never forget the movie "Rainman" that he stared in.

How about you? Did you watch it? 'jez curious. Have a happy Monday and a very happy birthday Geneva and Angie (twins...but Angie was born first).....to me being twins would be "stars" to a Mom...........and you all would deserve an Academy Award...........so y'all live it up on your big day!!! (Live it up this year 'cause next year is the big 40!!!! (awe - it's not that bad!!!!)

2 comments:

Geneva said...

I didn't see any of the awards. Too many movies on that were good competing for air time. I'll have to look up the pictures online :)

Thank you for the Birthday Wish!!! It's a fabulous day so far :) My mom just told me I can't be this old so she has proclaimed me to be 29 again :) woohooo

Carol Donnelson said...

Geneva:
What an incredible cool Mom! She rocks! Thank you for the Thank You! You always think of everything! Blessings from above and beyond for you THIS DAY!!!!
Carol