Saturday, February 28, 2009

In The Still Of The Night

Is it still night? Or is it full-blossomed morning at 4 a.m.? I know one thing for sure. It's so quiet, one could hear a pin drop....clocks ticking, cars rumbling by, sirens, heat coming off and on - it's still quiet.

Guess I'm up early to enjoy the great time my hubby and I had on our "Friday Night Date Night." We ended up at a Restaurant on the other side of town - home cookin' where all the elder Saints go! Actually we looked like teenagers compared to them. Some had walkers, canes, and just plain ole' help in gettin' around! They have a delicious salad bar and of course I can only eat the Senior plate which consist of ONE small piece of fried catfish, 2 veggies and a couple of hush puppies. It's called the "Lite" plate. So, my hubby saw that all the "elderly" people got bananna puddin' and whip cream, so he had some. Then I decided I wanted a piece of coconut creme pie which literally melts in my mouth (jez like my Mamma used to make). We were both stuffed, so she put my pie in a take home. Of course, I had eaten a couple of bites, but (yep, you guessed it) forgot it! My hubby went back in and they had already cleaned the table off! That place is packed on Friday night! But the staff is so efficient; of course they clean up quickly!

Have you ever gone to bed on a full tummy of the above? Well, you just sleep until you can't sleep anymore....thus up at 4 a.m. Everyone that knows me says well, that's an every day occurance, isn't it Carol? Not really, but I'm getting a reputation of being an early bird and I feel like I'm the only one in this town that enjoys (it's the truth!) early mornings!!!!!! I think this may become a habit. If you're up, you'll understand it; it not I'll keep understanding why you can stay up and I see some of your e-mails that says way past midnight.

Let's just all enjoy each other no matter what their sleep cycle is.......coffee is fabulous......reading is fabulous......if I decide to make homemade cards, it's marvelous.....I'm on my own......In the Still of the Night????? Or is it Morning???? C ya in church tomorrow....10 a.m. : )

No comments: