Friday, May 9, 2008

So far, so good..................

The closer we get to Mother's Day, the more I withdraw into a shell (so to speak) because my precious Mamma passed away in 1970, and I miss her drastically. So far, so good......Mother's Day has come early this year and we have been observing our adorable granddaughter's birthday and she gets so excited over things, it keeps my spirit up!!!!!

Never fear....I think about my Mom and she left a lot of super fantastic memories for me. But, I will have many special moments of remembering the great things about her; what a phenomenal woman! Here's something you probably won't believe...my Mom never drove a car...in fact as each one of us sisters grew up and had a boyfriend that drove, when we would go on a date, she would ask that we drop off at the grocery store and pick up "Del Monte Green Beans." The label had to say Del Monte...I think it was more to check out the time we got in from a date because she would be up waiting for that can of Del Monte Green Beans and would always say "Thank you" ....My Mom was a giggler. I can remember her sitting on a stoole in the kitchen, smoking a cigerette, and giggling at what my fiance at the time (now my beloved husband) would have to say. She thought he hung the moon and would probably have giggled over anything he said.

My Mom was one of a kind......I hope you love your Mom and enjoy her giggles or whatever it takes to just ENJOY her. I'll be talking to my Mother-in-Law and enjoying her exciting greeting to me "Carol, hello!!!!!" - she will be 86 years this year and of course is in a rehab center, but still loves to hear our voices!!!

Have a super Friday and enjoy your day!!!! Make it a good one while you're at it!

No comments: