Thursday, October 22, 2009

Passivity

Sounds so negative, but when put in a positive direction, it is really a way to put your faith into action!

Passive people don't win in life. People expect that "well, it just happens (it meaning joy, happiness, etc.)."

It happens when you trust the living Holy God! Read Joshua 1:8 - it takes effort to speak, effort to read and study and meditate on His Word, and effort to do that every day, day in and day out!

While unpacking, I found I have three current Bibles I use at some time every single day. Not meaning that I work out of all three, meaning one of the Bibles have promises marked and I lean toward that one. I could become passive and not even reach for one of them and say, oh well, that's too much work! No, I want my life to count; I HAVE to rely on His promises or I'll never make it!

He is Lord of all and supplies our every single need! Have a super Thursday and remember to read Joshua 1:9; it will get you out of passivity!

No comments: