Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gratitude

There's probably been ten times I've blogged on Gratitude. It doesn't make sense that people can't at least say "Thank You." I think that's the main problem in society.....no one says "Thank You." Okay I'm on a soapbox. Thank You...how simple is that....Most people can't even muster up enough kindness to say "Thank You." That irritates me to no end! My husband and I discuss the word gratitude regularly. Yesterday I had the wonderful privilege of going to Dillard's at the Mall to spend my birthday gift card from a friend and Dillard's regular gorgeous Mall Store has turned into an Outlet Dillard's where you purchase the left over Dillard's merchandise and you cannot return it! No returns...it was a total disaster. All the counters were empty; you could not try on clothes in the dressing room - they were roped off...the store was a disaster and no one to help. Everything was in disaray. After standing in shock, I finally started looking around.........again no one to help, no one cared to help. I ended up purchasing something and had to walk at the complete other end of the store to pay for it and all I kept doing was thank the clerk for helping me ..... what is this world coming to? The goregous Dillard store looked like a salvage store! It will take me a while to get over this. Imagine going to the perfume counter (there was only one or two left standing) and scratched furniture next to the jewelry counter and the goregous, magnificent china and crystal department was a disaster!!! Not one single bit of gratitude for even walking in and being a customer.

One clerk said it would be a Dillard's store for returned merchandise from all the other great Dillard's stores. Well, all I could say is that you still have a job so be grateful. I won't be going back in.......the attitudes of the clerks that were still there put me in a "gripey" mood, shall we say. I sure don't need that with all I am having to tend to until next Sunday!!!! Have a grateful Wednesday and stay with people who are uplifters!!!!! I know I am!!

No comments: