Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Honoring Anne Jackson for my 700TH blog!!!!

I am honoring Anne Jackson today! (An OK, cool person!) (Of course she has pics of people who are "cooler than her". But that's what I love about her; she has a beautiful way of putting others before her. She just authored her first book called MAD CHURCH DISEASE. It's an amazingly incredible book for EVERYONE and especially, full time, part-time, wanna be on Church Staff's, Sr. Pastor's, Founders, Entrepreneurs ...a story about her life in the beginning as a Pastor's Daughter and continuing on to the pain and major experiences one goes through in the Ministry (or daily struggles). It is so real and states exactly what happens and takes us down the road of red flags when you know Mad Church Disease is setting in and she even goes so far as to give the entire process of healing.

Anne has come back from some time off blogging, twittering, etc. (plus she travels extensively). If you have not gotten her new book, please, please get it. It's a must! She is the most tremendous writer I've ever seen in our thirty-seven years in full-time Senior Ministry. (& I am constantly asking our kids to get me a book or Barnes & Noble gift card because I am an avid reader!!!) Anne is relevant, had addictions that she is well from, and writes so well; I promise you will not put the book down. She knows what she is talking about! What she has to say in her blogs are always so definitely encouraging! We all are so blessed to have her tremendous, brilliant take on ANY subject and believe you me, she draws a huge crowd and I'm so very grateful to be a part! Thanks Anne.....you are one great person (honestly, I say that with all the humbleness you possess) who cares about Pastors, their wife, their kids, and all the day to day occurrences we encounter! We celebrate YOU and most of all, admonish you to take care of yourself as you travel all over the world! You've made my day in a gazillions ways! My 700Th post today is dedicated to you and all the countless hours you put in to uplift each one of us. Also for your prayers, love, encouragement, and friendship: I give back to you any and all encouragement for your untiring ways to give us answers in your new book, MAD CHURCH DISEASE! A must to purchase!
Lovingly & Appreciatively,
Carol - a 37 year Sr. Pastor's Wife

2 comments:

Anne Jackson said...

OH wow. Perfect way to start of my morning. Girl, thank you so, so much. Much love!!!!

Carol Donnelson said...

My pleasure. You are deserving of this and more, more, more, I promise.