Monday, December 1, 2008

YEA DECEMBER IS HERE!

It seems like it was only yesterday that December 2007 was here...now it's 2008!
Encouraging words: Stay organized during this month or it will get away from you.
Yesterday I did some Christmas shopping...that's weird with me because I usually get the tree up first. I couldn't beat the sale 40% off...so I did some great fun picking out something I'm pretty sure my family can use.

Thanksgiving was totally awesome and again I felt like a queen as our daughter just gave us all hospitality, fun, and I had full reign in the kitchen. On Thanksgiving Day we were all in the kitcen, including hubby. Now that was fun. I glanced over at our daughter as she was stirring the green bean casserole...oh my very favorite!!!!.....and she had her hand on her hip just exactly like my Momma had when she cooked for all us kazillion kids!!!! Tears began to well up because, of course, I miss my Momma who went home to glory in 1970. Another just like it was yesterday. In fact, our daughter is named after her so lots of memories arose!

At church yesterday some ladies told me they missed my blogging. I missed it; I'm convinced it's healthy for me. After a much needed vacationI'm beginning the month of December and try to remember frequently in order to cultivate a heart that honors God and willingly serves others, I must:
Remember God's in charge, not me.
When I serve my congregation, I am serving God.
I deserve nothing from God, but He blesses me anyway.
I don't serve to be liked. My security comes in knowing I was worth redeeming by the love of the Lord.
Nothing I can do will make God love me more.
Nothing I can do will make God love me less.
If I cultivate a servant heart, I'll be blessed more than anyone I serve.
The rewards are all around me if I learn to look and listen.

No comments: