Friday, December 5, 2008

A Dog's Life


Pixie is the name of one of our Dogs. Chloe is the other. We loved Chloe who was an abused dog through an eye twitch 12 years ago. Pixie is inherited from our daughter-in-law that was given to our daughter passed on to me. Pixie is a bichon frise in all her glory. She has a mind of her own, but the main thing is she loves me and connects. If you read upon bichons, they are a circus dog that loves to jump as high on the back door (but usually through hoops in a circus act) and they are very smart dogs. I have 3 videos about her background as a bichon frise and three books that I have read cover to cover. She truly loves to lay by me wherever I am; when I'm at the computer now, she is right beside me watching me so she can obey. While we were away for Thanksgiving, our daughter-in-law "dog-sat" for us. Talk about out of control. They have a Golden Retreiver who loves to chomp on sticks, etc. outside. Pixie loves the same thing only she aggravates the other dog to the extent, it will wear the other dog out. The moral of that story is their dog wore Pixie out. Soooooo all week she has been laying by me as if to say can you explain why I wore myself out. Talk about being appreciative to our daughter-in-law for watching her (I owe her my life's earning because Pixie picked up some bad whining habits as I take her over to the church and she wants my attendtion) and I know she was out of control, but I have done what our Son suggested and to open her cage door and let her come in and out......Voila.......it works - it calmed her down. Now, our daughter will be coming with her precious dog, a small chihuahua for Christmas and Pixie will continue to just really bug her to the point where we have to separate the two.

A dog's life....what are they thinking? Okay, I'm going to get comments about this via e-mail....I think they are human, like us...we think of ways we can manuever ourselves out situations, and they do as well. This is one subject my husband and I mill over (he doesn't think so) but I'll just go on through my wonderful life believing this dog thinks I hung the moon and I'm sure you will feel the same about your dog or dogs or cats or horses or whatever you have......so enjoy them through the holiday and remember to let them give you a super attitude because they are so very cute....God love the cutie pies......and give them lots of love. I'm chuckling now because she conveniently turned over on her back for me to rub her tummy...talk about a manipulator....a-ha....and do I crater and do it. You bet!!! She is precious and keeps me great company during these wee-morning hours. How cute!! I wish you could see her! Enjoy your Friday!!!!

No comments: