Friday, July 25, 2008

Encouragement RE: Doubt

I had a lady ask me this week "Sometime I find myself doubting God and my faith, nd I feel ashamed. What can I do?"

A Bible answer would be - both David and Peter struggled (as our Pastor has been teaching on II Peter at this present time).....with doubt. Both men recognized their weakness and humbled themselves before God, and God used them. God doesn't mind doubt as long as we are seeking Him for help with our doubt. God gives us plenty of evidence to believe in Him. Doubt comes when we ignore all the evidence. And when doubt turns to disbelief, we are in danger of ignoring God altogether.

John 20:27 says "Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!" Doubt can be healthy or destructive, depending on how we use it.

Use your doubts to learn about God and to make your faith stronger! Short and simple: Feed your faith and your doubts will disappear. Have a happy Friday. Sunday is Q&A after church. See you there!

No comments: