Monday, June 13, 2011

Where Have All The Respectfully People Gone?

Yesterday I had a stressful event happen and our daughter said "Mom, that's aweful." I don't ever go to the grocery store on Sunday, but I went to Kroger and all of a sudden they had an electricity blackout, I was stuck at the produce corner and I never saw such rudeness and griping. They were covering up the meat counter and refrig areas. But the lights were still on in the frontage. No one would move their carts and decided to not be too nice, because the employees of the store were literally taking something out of their hands if they got it out of the covered taped. It lasted exactly 20 minutes and the electric came back on so they gave us a little vegetable core device FREE and had to keep everyone for the demo the guy was giving for a veggie juicer. It was $29.95.

Ok, it was a catastrophe. So, my hubby and I have decided to shop at Tom Thumb; it's a bit more expensive, but at least the people are so nice and the aisles are wide and no one runs into you with their cart. Of course that's a rule they have to observe when the electric power is lost, but they need to train their employees to be a tad kinder. I know the Mgr. and he walked by and asked if I was ok and I said "Not really." And he apologized.

When I got home I looked up II Corinthians scripture on Grace. It's l1:9-10..."my grace is sufficient for thee; the my strenth is made perfect in weakness.......fir Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." Now, I'm okay, but we are still going to Tom Thumb.

No comments: